Well-done LIFEPAK 12
A LifePak 12 defibrillator/monitor was recovered from a North West Ambulance Service vehicle, which caught fire due to an electrical fault. The vehicle was a total loss, as was a majority of its contents.
However, to the equipment manager’s surprise, the LifePak 12 powered-up and operated normally when connected to a simulator, recognising the rhythm, charging and delivering a shock.
Paramedics had to evacuate an ambulance after the vehicle caught fire on the A69 in north Cumbria.
There were no patients on board when the incident happened in 2013.
It’s thought an electrical fault caused the fire which badly damaged the vehicle.
Source: Physio-Control Inc and ITV News