Disaster First Aid
Disaster First Aid Training
The MedAid Services Community Initiative, offers this free, disaster first aid session in and around Shropshire. Covering key topics on what to do in the event of an incident and how to treat casualties.
Sessions are free, aimed at anyone from the age of 16, last for 2 hours and cover:
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty who is not breathing
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty who is breathing
- What to do in the event of an incident
- Triage basics
- Blood loss theory and how to treat someone who is bleeding
- Treating casualties with embedded objects, stab wounds and gun shots
No previous knowledge of first aid is needed prior to course.
This course is continually assessed by the trainer throughout the session and a certificate of attendance will be awarded on successful completion of the session.
FREE (Any donations are gratefully welcome on the day to ensure we can continue to provide free training).
Open course dates and booking information can be found on our Course Availability page.
We run regular sessions. Booking is not required as you can turn up on the day, but letting us know helps cater for numbers. Please sign up to our blog or Facebook page to receive notifications when we post the dates and locations of the training sessions.